Customized Pressure Garments/ Compression Socks
- At Inspire health care - Hi-tech artificial limb centre (Prosthetics, orthotics & cosmetic restoration clinic), we are experts in making customized pressure garments with the use of latest technology and high quality material for the management and rehabilitation of varicose veins, burn scars, plastic surgery, cosmetic surgery, lymphedema etc.
(1)Pressure garments for varicose veins
- Varicose veins are unattractive veins that have ended up swollen with blood, curved, and can here and there be excruciating. They have an assortment of causes, yet are most ordinarily found in ladies who take a shot at their feet or have been pregnant. This is on the grounds that people who stand on their feet have higher weights on the veins of their legs and feet for a more drawn out range of time every day, furthermore expanded stomach weight of having an infant in the womb, or just standing upright with the heaviness of the organs pushing down with gravity has sooner or later made it troublesome for the veins in the legs, particularly those on the surface of the leg that have no assistance from the leg muscles, to return blood to the heart.
Why Pressure Garments?
- Pressure garments are designed to provide support to the legs and veins, assist with circulation, and minimize swelling.
- The compression is graduated, with the strongest support starting at the ankles and gradually decreasing towards the top of the garment. This gradual support works in conjunction with the pumping action of the calf muscles, which also assist with circulation.
- Pressure garments work by crushing the varicose veins and preventing abundance blood from streaming in reverse. So as to be powerful, pressure tights must be worn consistently. Pressure garments for varicose veins are the most secure at the lower legs. The pressure bit by bit reduces as the tights stretch over the knee and toward the upper leg.
- Pressure garments for varicose veins viably compel blood to stream along its regular course. They relentlessly crush the leg muscles, driving blood back to the heart. Pressure garments for varicose veins keep the development of blood clumps and lessen swelling in the feet.
Are Pressure Garments Comfortable?
- Compression stockings compliment your legs naturally and beautifully. In fact, our Exclusive latest technology adds softness and comfort, leaving your legs feeling energized all day long!
How Should I Wear My Compression Stockings?
- In general, graduated compression stockings should only be worn during the day while you are upright and mobile, and should be taken off and washed at night.
- If you need to wear your garment every day, you may want to consider purchasing a second pair so you will always have one pair to wear while the other is being washed.
(2) Pressure Garment for Scars/ Burn scars
Why do scars form?
- When the skin is injured, it goes into overdrive to heal itself. When this happens, the bodies healing mechanisms will often "over correct" resulting in an excessive production of collagen that can lead to abnormal scarring.
- In burn, scars form when the dermal or lower layer of the skin has been damaged. The body forms a protein called collagen to help heal the damaged skin. Normally the collagen fibers are laid down in a very organized manner, but in hypertrophic scars these fibers are created in a much disorganized manner, which gives the new skin/scar a different texture and appearance.
- Scar healing can take a long time. Scarring usually develops within the first few months after the burn, peaks around 6 months and will resolve or "mature" in 12-18 months. As scars mature they fade in color, become flatter, softer and generally less sensitive.
What are hypertrophic burn scars?
- Stay within the area of the original burn injury.
- Develop within the first few months after the injury.
- Often have a deep red to purple color and are raised above the surface of the skin
- Can be warm to touch, hypersensitive and itchy.
- Are more prominent (noticable) around joints where skin tension and movement are high.
Pressure garment therapy for burns
- We are expert in making customized pressure garments for patient with burn scars; that helps to heal your scar, decrease itching and protect the skin from injury.
- Medical grade silicone gel care sheet, that are placed over the scars; helps to decrease itching and dryness. They can be worn alone or underneath pressure garments or splints.
- Pressure garments should be worn 18 to 22 out of 24 hours/day for burn scars depending on severity.
Shrinkers: These are tight, stretchable garments that reduce swelling in a residual limb following surgery. Shrinkers are usually provided within the first 1-2 weeks after the amputation. People with vascular problems may have to continue wearing a shrinkers long after they are fit with their preparatory prosthesis because it helps to maintain a stable residual limb volume and
ensures that the prosthesis will fit properly each day.
Inspire health care is almost one and only clinic in India, providing customized ear clips for keloid.
- It helps to provide uniform pressure over the earlobes after surgery.
- For patients with keloid over inner/ outer helix area of ear, we are
- Providing customized a 3D acrylic ear clip which is designed after taking 3D measurements of ear to maintain near to normal shape of ear as possible.
- It is light in weight, completely adjustable and be worn either during the day or for night sleeping as necessary.