Low temperature thermoplastic (LTTP) splinting
- At Inspire health care - Hi-tech artificial limb centre (Prosthetics, orthotics & cosmetic restoration clinic), we are expert in making Low temperature thermoplastic (LTTP) splints, which is molded directly on patient to immobilize, protect and support injuries such as fractures, sprains, strains and for burn cases to prevent contractures and correct deformities.
- Low temperature thermoplastic splints differ from traditional plaster casts in that they are lighter, easily molded to fit the body of the individual patient and can be removed for cleaning and bathing.
- We are providing thermoplastic splints for post operative immobilization as well as to provide fast immobilization to areas of trauma in emergency rooms.
- This type of thermoplastic splints are best suitable for patient with burns to prevent contractures and to correct deformities and best part of thermoplastic splint is, the same splint is used for further correction of deformity by reshaping it.
- This type of thermoplastic splints can be softened in hot water or with a hot air gun and placed directly on the skin and shaped as per requirement.